Frequently Asked Questions


The best way to get work once you have been Protech Certified is to keep in touch with your consultant.

Contact your consultant or local branch and let them know your availability, including which shifts and days you are available for work.

Immediately report the incident to your workplace supervisor/manager or Protech consultant. If it is a serious injury, seek direct medical attention or call “000”.

In the event that the Protech contact is not available, please call our Reporting Line on 1800 880 942.

You must report it to;

  1. your on-site supervisor immediately, and;
  2. your Protech representative (or Protech Reporting Line on 1800 880 942) within 15 minutes of the incident.

Notify your Protech consultant immediately, or at least one hour before your shift.

Notify your Protech consultant immediately, or at least one hour before your shift.

Once you have completed your timesheet for the week, email or fax it to the address listed on the timesheet. You must send it through by 11 am on the Monday after the week you worked.

It is crucial that the timesheet is filled out clearly in neat handwriting, and both you and your client supervisor have signed it, and that it is received on time, otherwise your payment may be delayed.

If you miss the deadline for sending in your timesheet, you won’t be paid at the regular time. Instead, you will be paid in the following week’s pay run, provided you submit your timesheet in time.

Generally, the pay week will commence on either Sunday or Monday, with payments being made on Thursday of the following week. However, this can vary depending on which site you’re working at. It is best to confirm with your Protech consultant.

Pay rates vary depending on the host employer you are working for and which award or EBA has been applied. 

You will receive written confirmation of your pay rate prior to each assignment (i.e., Letter of Engagement). Contact your Protech consultant if you have any questions.

If you have a question that wasn’t answered here, contact your consultant or local branch.

Do You Have a Different Question?