This Privacy Act Statement applies to Protech Group Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (Protech).
Protech is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ personal information. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will comply with the legislation and regulations of the countries in which we operate.
Protech is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. All employees and officers of Protech are required to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement.
Information or opinions which are collected, held, used or disclosed by Protech about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Statement.
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information
- Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it
- Ensure that lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
- Collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where we are permitted to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
- Provide individuals access to their personal information on request, and
- Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
Protech recognises and respects the importance of each individual’s privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by Protech is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What personal information do we collect and how?
Protech will only collect personal information to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of our business.
Protech may collect the following types of personal information:
- Information about potential employees including application forms, CVs, interview notes, references, names and contact details of referees, and pre-employment medical information
- Current employee information including name, addresses, email, telephone numbers, TFN, bank account details, next of kin details, date of birth, gender, salary, superannuation funds, licenses, memberships, qualifications, passport details and medical information
- Contact information about current and potential clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and industry participants
- Third party information obtained through contact made via our website.
Protech collects personal information orally, in writing, by telephone, via email and via its websites. Each time you visit our web site statistical data is collected. This data is not linked to a particular person and does not provide us with any personal information.
Protech collects information in a number of ways including:
- On its website, for job applications or email queries
- As it establishes payroll records for employees
- Through the ongoing management of employees during their time with Protech
- By collecting client, supplier and business partner contact information as part of the ongoing management of its business relationships.
Personal information must be collected in a lawful and fair manner and the collection must be reasonably necessary for the functions and activities of Protech. Sensitive personal information must only be collected with consent.
What do we use personal information for?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose for which it was provided. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Protech Group, or to external service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
If you upload your CV to our website, you give us express consent to use, disclose and store your personal information for the purposes of potential recruitment by Protech, one of its associated joint ventures or subsidiaries, for a period of 12 months, at which point we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information. Any filed CVs will be secured and protected from unauthorised access.
If your request is for company newsletters or other material, you can direct your e-mail to Corporate Affairs and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your details and information about the newsletters, or the material you wish to receive will be held on the client database and used for the purpose of administering your subscription or request. Corporate Affairs and Communications may use your e-mail details to contact you from time to time to provide you with information about Protech.
Regarding other interactions through which we obtain personal information, your details will only be accessible to and used by, appropriate personnel. We do not use or disclose any personal details you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
In some circumstances Protech may disclose personal information to entities located outside Australia, including to its own related bodies corporate, third party service providers and business associates.
These entities are required to comply with this Statement.
Protech will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, Protech’s policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent, or where we are permitted by law to do so.
There are certain safeguards which must be met before it is allowed to transfer personal information outside Australia, and these are set out in the Privacy Act. When disclosing information overseas, Protech will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient will handle the information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act.
Retention and disposal of information
Protech will only keep personal information it needs for the purpose for which it was collected. Protech will take reasonable steps to dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
What information does Protech collect via its web site?
The Protech website allows you to contact Protech for the purpose of requesting information about Protech or making other enquiries.
By submitting the feedback form, you provide us with certain personal information which may include your name, e-mail address and any other details you include in your form. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
We do not collect any other personal information via the site. See our statement on cookies below.
In line with our policy on e-mail security, any e-mails you send or receive will be automatically checked for viruses and copied for our email archives. Our IT administrators may have access to e-mails to manage e-mail security.
Security of information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, Protech uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected, in whatever format, is held securely.
In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information and are required to comply with this policy.
A cookie is a small text file downloaded onto the user’s computer or mobile device when they access a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners and third parties.
Cookies do not identify the user as an individual but do identify the computer or mobile device they use to access the internet and can therefore be used to collect information about the person’s use of the internet. Cookies do not allow access to any information stored on the user’s computer or mobile device.
Where used, the information collected is used by us or our service providers to evaluate and improve the website’s effectiveness and to improve your experience when you visit it. Cookies are not used by Protech to identify who you are or to send you targeted advertising.
Accessing and updating personal information
Upon request, Protech will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs. If you are refused access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs.
Protech takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. If personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please let us know and we will make every effort to correct this information.
You can access your personal information and notify us of any change, modification or correction, by contacting Protech’s Privacy Officer at Human Resources, Springwood QLD by e-mail email@example.com, phone +61 7 3440 2800.
Complaints and further information
If you have a complaint or require further information about how Protech handles personal information or privacy issues please contact Protech’s Privacy Officer at Human Resources, Springwood QLD by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +61 7 3440 2800.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Our Contact Details
Protech Group (AUST) Pty Ltd
3466 Pacific Hwy
Springwood Qld 4127
Telephone +61 7 3440 2800