Just One More Protech Plus
The success of your rail project relies on quality expertise.
As a division of the Protech Group, Protech Rail provides a total management solution to rail clients Australia wide.
Established by dedicated rail professionals, Protech Rail is fully equipped to handle specialised projects including track installations, maintenance, and occupations (shutdowns).
Protech is a privately owned Australian business providing technical and professional rail services to clients Australia wide. With over 50 specialist team members, Protech Rail delivers major rail infrastructure projects through the provision of key services.
Provided as either schedule of rates or as lumpsum packages:
- Heavy and light rail construction
- Prefabrication and installation of turnouts (standard, nonstandard or complex)
- Full formation reconstructions
- Tie renewal
- Mud spot removal
- Rail freight facilities track maintenance
- Heavy and light rail track maintenance
- Supply of specialist rail construction/maintenance tools and equipment
- Rectification of identified track faults
- Civil and rail structures
- Civil earthworks within a rail corridor
- CSR trenching and installation
- Aluminothermic weld crews
- Flashbutt welders
- Re-stressing crews
- Hi-rail plant
- Earthmoving plant
- Track inspection/examination
- Track certification
- Skilled labour supply
- Plant operators general, TVO/TMO
- Resurfacing crews
Our Protech Rail Team
With over 15 years’ experience, Ben is highly regarded within the recruitment industry.
Having commenced with Protech as a General Manager, Ben is now the Executive General Manager, overseeing sales, operations, and the delivery of all Protech services nationally, including the Protech Rail business.
Within the Rail infrastructure construction industry, Beau followed in his father's footsteps becoming a multidisciplinary General Superintendent.
He has gained experience as a labourer then moving through various roles including thermit welder, TVO/track machine/plant operator, leading hand, supervisor, and superintendent to his current position as General Manager of Protech Rail.
Beau’s core strength is tailored around light, heavy and crane rail; he has been involved in the delivery of other disciplines exclusive of rail over his 20+ years of experience. Beau has a safety-critical mindset when it comes to work planning and can prioritise safety proactively whilst integrating efficiencies and innovation into planning and delivery, on a day-to-day basis.
Roles We Can Deliver
For track and civil infrastructure projects, we source labour from a talent pool of over 1500 pre-qualified RIW-skilled track and civil resources in our national rail services database.
- Track and Civil Infrastructure workers
- Plant and Hi Rail Operators, TMO and TVO
- Mechanical and Electrical trades
- Track Protection Officers, Handsignallers and Traffic Officers
- Supervisors, Gangers and Construction Managers
- Professional and Technical Recruitment
- Indigenous Recruitment and Engagement Strategies
- Diversity, Upskilling and Employment Equity Programs
InLand Rail - Parkes to Narromine
Collaborating with InLink, the Fulton Hogan and BMD Constructions joint venture, Protech supplied over 60 civil labourers to the Inland Rail project from 2019 to 2020. The $300 million project involved the upgrade of nearly 100km of existing rail track between Parkes and Narromine, acting as the final link between South East Queensland, Adelaide, and Perth.